ASSOCIATION TOURISTIQUE RÉGIONALE
The Association touristique régionale de l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue is a non-profit organisation whose mandate is to promote tourism in Abitibi-Témiscamingue to outside markets.
Founded in 1978, the Association is, by its status as official regional organisation recognised by Tourisme Québec, the privileged interlocutor for the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region. It is funded by the Ministère du Tourisme, the business community and various partners such as the Regional Conference of Elected Officials of Abitibi-Témiscamingue and, for specific projects, Economic Development Canada.
Furthermore, Tourisme Abitibi-Témiscamingue wishes to bring together the region’s partners from various tourism sectors to encourage joint actions. Finally, it coordinates the development and promotion of regional tourism.
- The promotion and recognition of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region as a tourist destination on the national and international scene.
- The orientation and planning of regional tourism development essentially based on the development and marketing plan.
- The coordination and management of the territory’s network of tourist information centers.
- The organisation of the Grands Prix du tourisme québécois, regional chapter.
- The production of the official Abitibi-Témiscamingue Travel Guide: to be added to the collection of 21 official regional travel guides in Quebec.
- The strategic development and marketing plan of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue regional tourist industry.
«That tourism becomes a vital link in the social, environmental, economic, cultural chain of Abitibi-Témiscamingue, with the first and foremost consideration being the well-being of its citizens within their communities.»