Latulipe lies on the shores of Fraser River and lac des Quinze. Its proximity to forest and water make for an exceptional quality of life. Toward the end of Témiscamingue’s first period of colonization, Mgr Élie Anicet Latulipe, first bishop of Haileybury and a key figure in the development of Témiscamingue, lent his name to the town. In 1910, the first settlers earned their living from farming and the forest. Declared a historic monument in 2007, the Landry covered bridge, built in 1932, is located on chemin du Rang 9 Ouest. On the banks of lac des Bois, the park beckons with the beautiful Témiscamingue forest along a sandy beach. Four frescos by Algonquin artist Frank Polson embellish a bridge located nearby. A launching ramp downtown provides access to navigable waterways, while the Pointe-aux-Roches site offers hiking and mountain biking.
|Window on the production:||no|