Chef Michel Gagnon, Consultant, Val-d’Or 8 portions Preparation and cooking time: 45 to 60 minutes
Beans, smoked bacon and partridge confit
Chef Michel Gagnon, Consultant, Val-d’Or
Preparation and cooking time: 5 hours
Soaking time: 8 to 10 hours
250 g of smoked bacon, unsliced
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves – La Vraie Ferme
4 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of dry mustard
4 tablespoons of molasses
1 cup of white wine – Domaine des Ducs
2 tablespoons of coarse salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper, crushed
2 or 3 bay leaves
- Rub the partridge supremes with coarse salt, bay leaves and crushed black pepper.
- Let them brine in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum.
- Remove the excess salt from the supremes and cook slowly in goose fat for one hour. Set aside.
- Soak the white beans for 8 to 10 hours, or blanch them.
- Drain the beans.
- Cut the smoked bacon in cubes and cook over medium heat.
- Add all the other ingredients but the supremes, and half the goose fat that was used to cook the supremes.
- Cover with water.
- Put in the oven, 150o C (300o F) for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Add the supremes 1 hour before the end of the cooking time.
- Add water as required.